Whipped "Coffee" (Dalgona Coffee)
A healthified herbal version of the viral Dalgona Coffee recipe - Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp Dandy Blend (can sub instant coffee if you drink it)
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (can sub another sugar if you want)
- 2 Tbsp Boiled Filtered Water hot
- ~1+ Cup Plant-based Milk of Choice
- 4+ Ice Cubes
Mix dandy blend, monk fruit and hot water in (a) a tall glass if using a frother or hand mixer or, (b) in the bowl of stand mixer. If using a stand mixer mix on low for about ten seconds until the ingredients combine and then turn to high. Regardless of the method, mix for for 2-5 minutes*.
Add your ice and milk to your glass of choice and use a spoon to fill the top few inches of the glass with your "coffee" whip. Add a reusable straw, stir & enjoy!
- I mix for about 5 minutes to make it extra fluffy, but I've heard a lot of people mixing for 2 minutes. I recommend mixing for at least 2 minutes and then seeing if you are happy with the texture or not. The longer you whip (to a certain extent) the more luxurious your whip will get!
- I've tried various combinations of ingredients. 3 Tbsp Dandy Blend, 2 Tbsp monk fruit & 3 Tbsp water works if you want to decrease the sugar a bit but still want to sweeten it up. That mixture is good for 2-3 servings. The 2 Tbsp mixture in the ingredients above also works well for 2 people. You can try 1 Tbsp, but I'm not sure it would mix well in a stand mixer - it does work with a frother though as it is contained to a smaller space.
- If you use a frother the mix won't get as fluffy (not as much power behind it), but it will thicken. I also recommend mixing for 5 minutes with a frother.
- If you want to cut the sugar completely sub aquafaba (chickpea brine aka the liquid from a can of chickpeas) in for the sugar in equal parts as the amount of dandy blend that you use and eliminate the hot water. This also might not get quite as fluffy, but it will thicken and taste the delicious. It will be more of a strong/bold flavour since there is nothing to sweeten it, but if you like black coffee you'll enjoy this.