Coconut + chocolate = a match made in heaven.
My love for coconut runs deep. I love coconut milk and always use coconut oil in my baked goods. the odd things is I was never a huge fan of coconut treats or desserts – you know, ones like these!
I tried the “Unreal Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars” and looooved them so they were the inspiration to make my own version. This recipe has my husband’s stamp of approval which means they must be good!
Super simple to make and only a few ingredients.
I love making “healthier” versions of my favourites because then (1) I can have them on hand whenever I want, (2) I know exactly whats in them!
Homemade “Bounty Bars” (V/GF)
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Manna I use Nutiva
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Pinch Salt
- 2/3 Cup Chocolate I like Enjoy Life
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Combine the "coconut inside" ingredients in a food processor – it is ready when you can form it in your hands and it stays together.
- Form the "coconut inside" ingredients into 10 small log shaped bars.
- Freeze for fifteen minutes (or more depending on your freezer and the size & shape of your bars).
- Melt the chocolate coating at 30 second intervals in your microwave. Mix thoroughly after each 30 seconds so your chocolate doens't burn.
- Remove bars from the freezer and coat them in a shallow bowl or dish. I recomment using a fork to turn the bars and lift them when you are finished.
- Plate coated bars on a dish lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and ENJOY!
- *I recommend storing them in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- You can play with the size of your bars to make them thicker/thinner or longer/smaller.
- If you want the chocolate coating to be thinner you can add more coconut oil & if you want it to be thicker, don’t add coconut oil at all.