If you aren’t already, this recipe will make you a kale salad lover…
Anyone else not big on raw vegetables? I love a good salad every now and then, but I’m more of a cooked food/veg gal most of the time.
I made this one night when I was craving some extra greens. I didn’t have very many groceries so I had to get creative – that’s when this drool-worthy recipe was born.
If you’re not a salad person try warm salads! They are such a game changer and perfect for this cooler season.
You can serve this dish as a main or as a side. It’s easy and the delicata squash is SO dreamy. Lucky for you I’m sharing my favourite way to cook Delicata Squash in this recipe!
If you haven’t tried delicata squash before you are in for a TREAT! Seriously, they taste like candy and I never get over how delicious they are.
If you’re anything like me, you’ll be making this dish more than once this week!
*Also, sorry for the sub-par photos. I took these at night and the lighting wasn’t great! I’ll replace them next time I make this recipe!
Warm Autumn Salad with Delicata Squash
- 1 Delicata Squash
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Avocado Oil I use Chosen Foods
- Pinch Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 2 cups Packed Kale chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Top with sesame seeds (optional) and your choice of dressing*
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Chop off both ends of the delicata squash. Chop the squash lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Chop both halfs of the squash into little cresents (or C shapes) as shown in the photos.
- Evenly coat delicata squash with the oil, maple syrup and spices then place on a lined pan and bake for 30 minutes flipping half way through).
- Add oil and garlic to a pan over medium heat. Prepare your kale by washing and chopping into your preferenced size. Be sure to massage your kale – this softens it and makes it easier to eat. Add kale to your heated pan and sautee until it begins to wilt (about 5 minutes).
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and sautee until the kale is finished and the seeds and chickpeas are lightly toasted (another 3-5 minutes).
- Plate by adding salad ingredients to a bowl, top with the delicata squash and seseame seeds and add your dressing of choice*.