This “adult” version of the classic cinnamon sugar toast is bound to hit the spot!
I debated sharing this “recipe” on the blog at all since it really is so basic. I wasn’t sure if it was even a recipe at all. After sharing it on Instagram and reading all of your positive feedback, I realized something – not every recipe has to be fancy, complicated, or even perfect. Sometimes we just need an idea and this might be that idea for someone!
So here you are – a super simple, 4 ingredient toast that you can make in minutes, but is sure to satisfy your craving!
The inspiration for this little snack came from a childhood breakfast! When I was younger (maybe in junior high) my friend introduced me to “cinnamon sugar toast”. I hate to admit it, but it’s exactly what it sounds like – I literally poured a few tablespoons of cinnamon in a container of sugar, shook it up and spread it on top of buttered toast slices. I quickly became obsessed and I had 2-3 pieces of cinnamon sugar toast for breakfast every morning for quite some time. Talk about a healthy breakfast.- YIKES!
Seeing as I rarely eat refined sugar nowadays (it just doesn’t make me feel my best), I have to admit that it slightly makes me cringe thinking that I started my day with a big pile of sugar. I do have to admit that it was pretty delicious though!
I recently found out that Little Northern Bakehouse has cinnamon raisin sliced bread (v/gf) so of course I had to buy that and of course I am now obsessed. I topped it with Miyokos Creamery vegan butter (the BEST), lots of cinnamon, and a light drizzle of maple syrup.
There you have it – my “adult” version of my childhood cinnamon sugar toast.
If you’re like me and don’t want to add sugar to your toast, but want a sweet treat, this is such a satisfying and delicious simple combo. Although, if you’re totally cool with sugar I do highly suggest trying cinnamon sugar toast though as a fun treat!
Simple Healthier Cinnamon “Sugar” Toast
- 2 Slices Cinnamon Rasin Bread of Choice I use Little Northern Bakehouse (v/gf) Slices
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter of Choice I use Miyokos (it's the best quality I can find) – sub coconut oil for a quick swap.
- 2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup or Honey if not Vegan
- Toast bread to your liking (I like mine golden).
- Butter toast immediately.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon OR free pour some cinnamon on top of your toast and spread it with a knife to combine it with the butter.
- Add a drizzle of maply syrup over top (feel free to free pour here).
- Dig in!