Calling all chocolate lovaaaas
These cookies are perfectly soft and chewy on the inside, but slightly crunchy on the outside. I can’t stop eating them. No joke, I used the entire container of protein powder just making these cookies – now thats a lot of cookies.
I love adding protein powders into cookies and other baked goods because you can’t taste it (if you do it right) and it adds that extra nutritional kick.
I added Landish Reishi Mushroom Chocolate functional protein powder to these babies in place of cacao and they turned out perfect! *If you want to purchase the Landish protein powder click here (affiliate link) and use the code “HEALTHYSPROUT” for 30% off!
Even though these cookies are chocolate-y to the max, they are actually still pretty “healthy” for a chocolate cookie! Satisfy your cookie craving (even have a few) without the sugar rush.
Double Chocolate Protein Cookies
- 2 Flax Eggs 2 Tbsp ground flax + 4 Tbsp filtered water
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 1.3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Landish Reishi & Mushroom Chocolate Functional Protein Powder use link above to purchase and code "HEALTHYSPROUT" for 30% off.
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Flour (can sub coconut flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips/Chunks I use Enjoy Life Chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Combine ingredients for the flax egg ina bowl and set aside for at least 5 mintes or until it thickens up and there isn't any water at the top.
- Mix wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add flax egg to wet and combine.
- Add dry ingredients (except chocolate chunks) to wet and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and combine again.
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add heaping tablespoons to a lined baking sheet until you have 12 even cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven be sure to let cool completely as they will be quite mushy until they cool. They continue to firm up as they cool down.