Gooey. Tahini. Pumpkin-y. Bliss.
Anyone else tahini obsessed? Well I’ve been on a tahini kick for well over a year now and I don’t see it stopping any time soon. Once you discover how AMAZING tahini is in baked goods you won’t be able to live without this magical ingredient.
Let me know if you feel yay or nay on tahini in the comments! There will definitely be more tahini involved in future recipes because I can’t get enough and it seriously goes well with everything. If you aren’t a tahini fan, feel free to try these with another nut butter (I haven’t tested any others, but I would suggest almond butter) and let me know how they turn out! You guys went nuts over these when I posted them on Instagram so I can’t wait to hear what you think when you try them.
These blondies are so simple to throw together and have the perfect amount of pumpkin spice – they aren’t too sweet and the spice isn’t overpowering. Feel free to add more or less spice depending on how much flavour you prefer.
Let’s talk ingredients, shall we?
ALMOND FLOUR: by far my FAVOURITE gluten-free flour to bake with. I go through it way to quickly for the $, but it’s so worth it because it gives baked goods the best texture and has a light nutty flavour.
COCONUT FLOUR: Is a great gluten-free & paleo substitute for flour, but it not a good 1:1 substitution since it is incredibly absorbent. For this reason, a little goes a long way. It has a light sweetness but is mild in flavour, low in carbs, and offers a variety of nutrients and healthy fats, Coconut flour is also high in fiber, mostly insoluble fiber, which can be great for digestion.
TAHINI: ~magic~ in a jar. I seriously put it on everything. If you don’t like tahini don’t be afraid to try it in baking. With a little sugar added to your baked goods the bitterness disappears!
PUMPKIN PUREE: because ’tis the season and I take full advantage of pumpkin season while it lasts!
COCONUT OIL: makes these babies moist. Coconut oil is another ingredient that I just can’t live without.
MAPLE SYRUP: I like to use maple syrup, coconut sugar, or Lakanto when I bake to keep things refined-sugar free.
CHOCOLATE CHUNKS: Enjoy Life chocolate chunks are seriously LIFE. I only use Enjoy Life chocolate for baking because it’s vegan, gluten-free & soy free + minimal ingredients.
Tahini Pumpkin Spiced Blondies
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chunks (+ 2 Tbsp for topping)
- Turn oven on to 350.
- Prepare 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt. Whisk well.
- Combine wet ingredients: tahini, pumpkin purée, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup. *Soften coconut oil in the microwave slightly if needed. Mix until well combined.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chunks and mix again.
- Pour ingredients in to prepared baking dish and flatten batter until it is evenly spread.
- Optional: add 2 tbsp of chocolate chunks to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- It is really important to let this recipe cool completely before cutting and serving (unless you want them to be extra gooey!).
- Optional: cool on the stovetop until baking dish is safe to place in the fridge and let them further cool off in the fridge before serving.
If you try them be sure to tag me @HEALTHYSPROUT on Instagram and I’ll be sure to share you creations in my stories!